Praise him with singing
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
The Lord is worthy to be praised, Amen!
It is the pleasure of some in our congregation to come together to form our church choir. They are glad to sing praises to our God and to warm the hearts of those who come to hear.
The church choir intends to perform a song per month as part of our normal services, alternating between morning and evening services.
Please come along and support our church choir.
Notes for Choir Members
There will be either one or two practice sessions, depending how complicated the song is. Practices are to take place in the sanctuary.
All information for future practices and performances will be given in:
- Sunday service sheet
- Monthly church magazine
- Church website
- In general, there will be just one song per performance.
- Performances will be part of our normal Sunday Services
- Performances will normally be part of our morning services each month.
- There may be two ‘special’ events in the year, one at Christmas (candlelight service, and another)
If there are any performances you cannot make, then there is no need for you to attend the respective practice beforehand.
For every other performance you will need to become familiar with the song, with any YouTube videos or sheet music provided, BEFORE coming to the practice session, and commit to being available for the performance itself.
Our next practice session will be on: Thursday 4th July – 8pm
Our next performance will be: Morning service on the 28 July
The song we will be learning together is: Surely Goodness and Mercy
1. Sweet Holy Spirit https://youtu.be/-9EGwkimNeQ
2. Redeemed https://youtu.be/TZrxNZibe_I
3. He’s coming soon https://youtu.be/S3IJIfU9MO8
4. When the roll is called up yonder https://youtu.be/_LjZfjuOASs
5. We have an anchor https://youtu.be/UQQO8v-0VBo
6. All the way my saviour leads me https://youtu.be/BEOtFEs0Jos
7. Old rugged Cross https://youtu.be/CltrLsjsQl0
The song ‘Yes He Did’ will be postponed till further notice.
PLEASE NOTE: the version of the song below is only appropriate up to about the first half of the video, which contains the verse and the chorus that is close to what we will be doing.
Written music: Download here