Service: Sunday Morning 10.30 am – 7th November 2021.
We now conclude our sermon series on the book of Ephesians. Preaching from Nathan Gordon and our worship service will be led by Richard Sills.
The Grand Finale
We have arrived at the conclusion of Paul’s letter to the church in Ephesus, which over the past five chapters has brought much food for thought. Paul’s desire for the Christians in Ephesus was for Christians to be alive to God’s promises in the spirit, to put off the old nature of sin, unity in the body of Christ, mutual submission and now the final challenge – STAND protected with the full armour of God.
The Spiritual Battle
1 Peter 5:8 NIV
 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Whether we like it or not as Christians we are despised by the enemy and the systems of darkness that hate anything pertaining to the light of Jesus Christ and His followers. Paul understood the reality of Christians engaging in spiritual warfare and encourages the believers in Ephesus to equip themselves for battle.
Are you prepared to fight the good fight?
Utilise every item of God’s armour – v11 & 14-17
- Paul exhorts believers to put on the WHOLE armour of God
- God desires to give us more than we could even imagine according to His will (See Rom 8:32.
It’s a different kind of fight – v12
- Believers are not called to fight physical battles against people
- We face an army whose goal is to defeat the Church of Jesus Christ
- Jesus promised to build His Church and all powers of hell will not conquer it (See Matt 16:18)
- We are victorious both now and in the future through Jesus Christ and his death, burial, and resurrection
Stand with boldness – v18-20
- Unlike earthly soldiers all we need to do is STAND – GOD FIGHTS OUR BATTLES
- Pray & watch with perseverance in the spirit
This week in your devotional time pray about the items listed in Ephesians 6 and seek to adorn yourself each day with the FULL ARMOUR of Gods protection. Don’t allow lies to circumvent your faith in the truth of Christ, don’t allow the rulers of darkness to make you afraid of their schemes, but stand knowing that through Jesus Christ we are victorious both now and in the future. AMEN.
- Discuss – Who or what is our warfare against and its implications on Christians today? Ephesians 6:12, 2 Corinthians 10:3-6, Matthew 16:17-19
- Is it possible to be a Christian and not live-in truth? & How can we keep ourselves living in the truth – see verse 13
- Can you explain how Satan could take advantage of us not appreciating our righteousness in Christ? – see verse 14
- How do we prepare or make ourselves ready with the gospel of peace?
2 Timothy 2:15, Psalm 119: 97-104, James 1: 21-25
- What can hinder our faith?
- Different thoughts always come to our minds. Where do these thoughts originate from? Mark 2:6-7, Luke 3:15, John 13:2, Acts 5:3
Luke 2:25-28, Acts 29-30
Sermon Title: Are you match fit?
Bible Reading: Ephesians 6:10-20
Preacher: Nathan Gordon
Worship Leader: Richard Sills